Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy B'day to me! ;-)


23 years of my life have moved past Today!

Life has been a roller-coaster ride all these years. I sit back and reminisce on my yesteryears and it brings a smile on my face. The childhood was so full of carefree attitude.

The birthdays used to be a festival day where I used to be the queen of my house and everyone used to take care of all my needs on that day.

My mother never used to scold me for I gave her this excuse that This is my Day, so you cannot scold me.!!! :-)

Lunch box used to have special lunch meals and extra items used to be there in the box so that my friends can relish it.

All the children used to try to get close to the b'day girl/boy as they used to think that the b'day girl/boy would give extra chocolate to them.

People used to get to know about the b'day girl/boy by the special b'day dress they used to wear.

Telling others and showing special attitude was a thing of pleasure.

I used to wait for the evening to come for my mom is preparing delicacies (the best in this world)for the fete.

All the colony friends used to come and then the much awaited cake cutting ceremony would happen.

I never used to take care of the things for my parents used to take care of it. I was only concerned for the gifts that I used to get.

And after the party, the time for the opening ceremony of the gifts. :-)

Those were the days..the best days.


I miss them.

Things have changed...

Now b'day celebration means going to a good restaurant.

Pizza/Burger has taken up the place of home made Chole Bhature.

Cold drinks and all havetaken up the place of Rasna and Roohhafza Sharbat.

The B'day girl/boy is suppose to take care of all the little intricacies and not your parents.

Mum's kiss is not there but a phone call away.

Dad's special pocket money doesn't count much now as the big salary of yours is there to spend.

I have great friends around and I know I am going to have a rocking celebration today...it is just that those childhood memories are so vivid that I felt like scribbling them.


I feel so great and a smile comes over on my face whenever I think about those festive days of my life.


Life takes its twist but alas we get used to it. :-)

Missing you Mummy-Papa and Love you loads.


And finally Happy B'day to me!!! :-)

8 comments:

ranu said...

Happy B'day Chhotu :)

Sneha said...

:)
Thanks dear!

Kolors of life said...

Happy Birthday to you Sneha..!!!

rach said...

A very well documented changes of our lives...
Those were the times, when we were so contended with those simplicities of life.
Times changed as we grew older, and our way of celebration also changed.
But celebrtation is a must.. in "Any style".
Let me know how was ur b'day this year?
Probably a post on that. what say?

rach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GJ said...

So any 'used to' but still so well written. I believe you have had a great day. :)

.:Sumit Shah:. said...

Good One! It seems we share quite a similar childhood and adulthood.
The chole bhature part was the best and so was ".........give extra chocolate to them".
You have the very nice judgment of Life and life around you.
Great Work.

Dipraj Nandi said...

Rightfully captured - Simple enough and Nostalgic.

Still remember how I had once saved upto Rs 120 and with that in my pocket I felt I was no less than a millionaire.

Why did I have to grow up?

Happy Birthday Chhotu once again :)