Sunday, October 25, 2009

If only

If only...
I contemplate a lot on these two words whenever I sit back with a cup of tea and mom's matri(Home made maida item) in my room with music on.
My present life, my past, how things would have been, had something else happened.
I crib a lot about my present, the kind of life I am leading and I am sure there would be thousands more who would do the same thing..cribbing!
I think a lot about my future, the kind of life I wanna lead and what am I doing to get that kind of life..probably nothing much!
And the best part is that I love to reminisce on my yesteryears and about all the desires that never got materialized.
'If only' is all about those things that never happened. Reason- Destiny was not in favor of them.
It is all in the hands of those vicissitudes. Believe it or not, the life defining moments that come in our lives, are more or less depends on the circumstances, our fate, our choices.
If only my father had not got transferred to a bigger city,
If only, I had taken up Architecture in NIT Bhopal, If only, I had taken up a course in Fashion Technology.
If only, I had got into a good B-school just after my graduation.
If only, I had not got Chennai as my posting after getting done with my training.

And there are many more such 'If only' in our life but answer for all is the same. Every single variation in our lives has something special in it. Had it happened, life would have certainly been different but life is still beautiful for we have other things associated with it which are considered to be 'Life Defining moments'.
Good or bad, it always comes up with something positive, coz if it is good, we feel elated and confident and if not, then also it makes us strong headed and more courageous to face other adverse situations in future.
We may not remember day-to-day accounts of our lives, but we certainly remember those special moments which make us smile. That is what matters and life is all about those things that matters the most to us.

The sweetness of those little memories is much more satisfying then the saltiness of unfulfilled desires.
Cherish that sweetness.

4 comments:

rach said...

Very True....
When I contemplate on the same lines, I get two words in my mind. "What iff"? I ask myself this question -What iff, I had achieved what I had desired then, in my life?
Those feats which I missed by a whisker, those success stories which I could have been a part of? The answer comes - I would not have been the person who I am today. I might not have had the people I have with me today. I might have been an altogether different person leading an entirely different life. And then, this realization makes me take a sigh of relief... I look at my past and thank my destiny for failing me at that particular time because If i had not faltered then I would not have been the person what I am today. Would have missed so many other things which I achieved because I had failed then. Life takes away one thing from us, but in return gives us another set of things and its entirely on us how we take it from there.As for me, I chose to say this, to my destiny - Thank you boss..... No Regrets...

Biju nilamel said...

vicissitudes, that left me searching for a while!, I lyk'd ur 'IF ONLY' situation, and i very well understand the feeling assocciated with it!..Cos I'm one among those many cribbers!..LOL..nwyz good job!

Vinay Sharma said...

very true .. posts like this makes u feel the other side of blogging too :)

.. just guessing this for u .. not true for me :D

Beyond said...

often we keeo thinking of all that we could be and lose the track of all that we are and can be... everyday is a gift, isn't it?