Sunday, July 03, 2011

Forever, forever and ever

The evening when dad called on the much awaited number
Here I was in a much needed deep slumber
They discussed, they laughed and they talked about us
we were here enjoying our daily life without any fuss.

They decided a date so that they could meet
We got to know and we decided to greet
And alas! the D - day approached,
We sat in front of them with me wearing a beautiful broach

They saw us and we saw them,
They asked us thousand questions and we felt we got short of vitamin M.
Finally, they arrived at a conclusion,
We were given the green signal with a red ribbon!

We danced, we laughed, we hugged, we shared
Suddenly, life seemed much more beautiful and fully flared.
He took my dad's permission to take me on a ride,
We went out and drove crazily on a long road wide.


The other day he called me and asked me for dinner
I said yes and wore the most elegant dress with a slight shimmer
He took me in and pulled the chair
I felt the time stood still where we were.

He covered my eyes, lit the candles,
Music on, wine served, and in anticipation, i rubbed my ankles.
He sat on his knees and took the diamond ring out,
and uttered the long lasting words that knocked me out

O' my darling, will you marry me and live with me forever,
A tear rolled down by my eyes and I said, Yes my love,
forever, forever and ever!
Sneha

2 comments:

rach said...

Beautiful. This adds to the already action packed resume of the talent kit that u have- "Poetry". Seems there is a connection here, and surely the thoughts(feelings) would have reached the beholder.
Great start. Way to go..

Aks said...

yeh copy paste karna kab shuru kiya?? :P
agar khud likha hai to - this is news to me...never knew you can do THIS ALSO so well...:)