Sunday, December 25, 2011

Garama Garam Roti






If you are from an Indian middle class family and your mom is a home maker and you have had one or two servants for household work but no one specifically for cooking and finally you have done most of your schooling staying at home, there is a high probability that you have had been served garama garam roti on your plate in your yesteryears!

I remember, when I was a kid, when me and my siblings would come home from school, mom used to prepare chapatti and serve it hot. And that habit has not gone all this while. Whenever I get a chance, I prefer the same.

So here at NID also, thanks to Madan Bhai, that everytime I want hot chapatti, he would make sure that I get it (lucky me!!! :-)) and because of this habit of mine, he knows that I would ask for it. But today when I was having lunch alone, I observed, it’s not me alone who does it but there are many other in the campus who like to have it all the time.

And this made me ponder that, our generation is lucky enough to have lived this life. With the coming generation, where every one is so super busy, I am doubtful, if they would have such kind of memories to cherish!!!

And yes, Garam Roti with Ghee served on your plate, is indeed a food for happy tummy. :-)









1 comment:

rach said...

Absolutely true. Its time for microwave rather than tava. Its time for recooked rather than freshly cooked. We are moving into that age. Lucky we, we could experience that, and we are seeing the transition too.
We might not even promise our next generation that they might get the privilege of the same.
I know what Ghee Roti means to you. I wish you keep getting the same always.
Keep posting..